Paxton House to Whiteadder Water
About This Route
A circular route from the elegant Paxton House crossing the Anglo-Scots border on the banks of the River Tweed. Paxton House was built in 1758 for Patrick Home of Billie; the building is one of the finest examples of Palladian architecture in Britain.
Paxton House lies 5 miles south-east of Chirnside.
Melrose, Newstead, Gattonside, Earlston